In rare cases, your website may stop working after importing a wpress file. Please see the list of possible causes and solutions below.
- You’re using premium themes or plugins; check with the theme or plugin provider to make sure your license allows you to use their product on more than one WordPress installation. Due to the product’s license, we’ve seen plugins and themes that lock the WordPress after import. You can regain access to your installation by disabling the plugin:
- Login to your server via FTP/SSH
- Navigate to wp-content/plugins
- Rename the plugin that you suspect is causing problems with your website. I usually add the word “disabled” to the folder name. Here’s an example: the plugin is called “wp-gallery.” I will rename it “wp-gallery-disabled.”
- After renaming the plugin or theme, refresh the website. If your website is still down, rename the plugins until you find the culprit.
- Your PHP version differs between export and imported sites – most plugins/themes were tested with a specific PHP version in mind. If you don’t use the same PHP version on both sites, you might run into problems. If your website displays a blank page or a 500 error, you can enable WP DEBUG in wp-config.php. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress. Refresh the website after enabling WP DEBUG to see if an error message appears. In the majority of cases, a fatal error will display. Take note of the file’s location that is causing this error. You can try to fix it yourself if you know what you’re doing, or you can contact the plugin/theme author for assistance.
- If you get a PHP file instead of being able to access your file, it’s because a theme or plugin is adding extra lines to your.htaccess file. You can regain access to your website by deleting the.htaccess file.
- If you are still unable to identify the source of the problem, our support team will come to the rescue. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am trying to copy and paste wp all in one migration of a website theme from wpcrafter entitled: upload 60 minute website challenge. I have un-zipped it and trying to copy & paste into my wordpress site. Problem is this pop up:
Unable to import
Version 2.1.1 of All in One WP Migration introduces new compression algorithm. It makes exporting and importing 10 times faster.
Unfortunately, the new format is not back compatible with backups made with earlier versions of the plugin.
You can either create a new backup with the latest version of the plugin, or convert the archive to the new format using our tools here.
I need help, as this is WAY over my knowledge base!
I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Is the file you are uploading in .wpress format?
Hello, I receive the error every time I try to activate the plug-in, I have tried to by renaming the name using FTP and removing .htaccess file, but still happens, it was working before, then after the last update I cannot use it
Could you follow step 4 and drop us an email at support at servmask.com? Could you let us know what error you get by sending us a screenshot?
My file has stopped uploading and is stuck at 90%
Please advise what to do next as I am not able to move forward with my project
Sorry to hear that this is not going smoothly for you.
If the import through “Import from File” is failing, you can upload your .wpress file via FTP to the folder wp-content/ai1wm-backups.
To restore the file, please use the “Restore” button in the Backups section of the plugin.
You can check out our video tutorial on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRp7qTFYKgs for more details.
Does it make a difference if the installation folder is different on the new site than on the old site the export was done from?
E.g. On the original site, the wordpress installation is in the root example.com, but on the new site where we want to do the import, the wordpress installation is in example.com/newinstall/.
It does not make any difference. The plugin will work for your use case.
I have just tried to migrate website using all in one wp migration, and the whole process looks fine. i can see the backend/admin panel, and it all looks fine – but when you try to visit the frontend, the only thing showing is a blank white page.
What is your PHP version?
Please edit your wp-config.php file and set WP_DEBUG to true.
After doing this, refresh your frontend and you should then see an error. Kindly send us the error to email@example.com
I have the same problem did you worked it out yet or still broken,
Please reach over to our support for assistance: https://servmask.com/contact-support