Permalinks are set to default
When you were importing your backup into WordPress, the plugin was checking to see if the webserver supported pretty permalinks. Pretty permalinks are SEO-friendly URLs in WordPress. They include post information, categories, tags, and the URL title, allowing you to include relevant keywords in your URL.
The plugin determined that your web server did not support pretty permalinks and reset the permalinks structure to its default type.
How to enable pretty permalinks in Apache:
- Enable mod_rewrite module.
- Set AllowOverride All in your Apache site configuration.
- Access the wp-admin dashboard. Go to the permalinks screen in the settings and select one of the more common permalink structures or enter your own in the “custom structure” field using the structure tags.
How to enable pretty permalinks in IIS:
- Enable URL Rewrite 1.1 module.
- Access the wp-admin dashboard. Find the permalinks screen in settings. From there, select one of the more common permalink structures or enter your own using the structure tags in the “custom structure” field.